Looking to catch a break from the all-soccer, All-Star action? Kansas City is full of things to do.
Check out 5 KC spots perfect for a rainy or regular day.
- See the world-class art collection, explore the sculpture garden, and catch the Frida Kahlo exhibit while it’s still at the Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art.
- Visit Kansas City’s polar bears, Nikita and Berlin, at the Kansas City Zoo.
- See a movie, grab a bite and get a drink, all in one spot. The Alamo Drafthouse downtown has both first-run movies and cult classics on tap. Staying in a different spot in KC? Check out our full list of theaters!
- Kansas City is known for its jazz scene, and you can interact with the music at the American Jazz Museum, right in the heart of the historic hotspots of 18th and Vine.
- Visit the grand, historic Union Station not just for the architecture, but also to see the Real Pirates exhibit, learn something hands-on at Science City, or watch Turbo at the Extreme Screen Theatre.
- Nicole Kirby, @kirby310